The beginning of another year is the ideal time to evaluate your present way of life and choosing which areas require some change.
The tricky part of the bargain comes when you actually have to live up to your New Year’s resolutions. Enhancing your body’s fitness may sound simple enough but the temptations of junk food, computer games and your favorite TV show are all things that could have you back sitting on the couch by mid-February, munching pizza and flipping between channels. So, how can you stay true to your best intentions? Well here are just a few suggestions.
- Keep your resolutions straightforward. Now and again individuals end up going for an upgrade of their whole way of life, and this is just a formula for disaster. The best approach is to focus on one or two of your most important goals.
- Which one to pick? All things considered, you may get a kick out of the chance to focus on those that will have the greatest impact and satisfaction for your life.
- Try to be sensible. Try not to point too high and overlook reality – consider last years’ resolutions. What happened to that goal, did you achieve it?
- Short term goals. Making short term goals will keep you motivated. Make the goal reasonable, and attainable. Set clear, practical objectives, for example, losing 5 pounds, saving $30 a month, or going for a run once every week.
- Arrange a time allotment. Truth be told, the time allotment is imperative for you in obtaining your goal. For example, if you say you’re going to work out for an hour a day and that’s impossible for you to do so, then don’t set yourself up to fail.
- Keep notes. Every day try and take just 10 minutes to write down something about your goal. Write things like your struggles, your accomplishments and how you felt, this will go a long way in helping you accomplish each goal. You will be able to look back and see how far you have come.
- Treat yourself. Don’t set yourself up – it’s too simple for a health food nut to state “I’ve been so great, I deserve a couple of treats,” be very careful because one slip, and it could all be over. Choose wisely on how and what to treat yourself with.
- Get Support. Have people around you that will hold you accountable for your actions. Tell them of ways they can help when hard times arise.
- Don’t give up! You’re worth it, just because you fail at times doesn’t mean you’re a failure, we all fail. Pick yourself up and keep going, don’t stop. Your future goals are counting on you.
- You’re in Control. Your accomplishments are just that yours! The future can be frightening, however, without a doubt, you control the outcome.
These are just a few tips to consider when you are planning to enhance your life this New Year. Your satisfaction is justified regardless of the time, so begin, and good luck!